Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pyramid, Part 2

21? -
Spent day farming logs; need to make a lot of coal for torches, and carry more blocks on next trip in, because I will not brush death so closely again, like I did in the gold room.

I do feel strange, though, looking at the pyramid... like, there's something not quite right. Could this place, like the terran ones of the past, be cursed? With the traps, I do think that is possible... Will need to be more cautious on the next floor, as it looks to be cleared out on this floor. Also, I should change the log numbering to be trips in and out, because I won't likely see the sun much while exploring within.

Pyramid Explore 2 -

Found another side passage I missed, and a strangely, seemingly untrapped, room... then I looked up, and saw the sand suspended above me, waiting for the chest to be accessed. I got a lot of sandstone from clearing up all that sand.
Found some more Lapis from that, and some other chests, plus I've found some empty chests as I clear through passages I hadn't been in.
Full inventory sent me home a little earlier than I wanted, plus right after I recovered that trapped block of gold, a storm broke out; could hear the thunder from within the pyramid. So, was a good time to stop anyway... Little more exploration and I'll have the first floor clear of excess floor-sand, and any other possibly hidden treasures.
*crack of thunder, explosion from lightning strike nearby* Frag, I think I pissed something off.
*Yells, partly off recorder* Lord Zapdos, please curb thy wrath!


Interum between Explores (2) --

Set some sand to melt, juggled the inventory, made a handful of torches, and am on my way back in.

Pyramid 3 -

Went down to the second floor, and did my usual of picking up the floor sand to make sandstone; after having found the room with the sand ceiling, and all the floor-falls, I've learned I need portable hole fills. First room I find, has a small sand trench over the door, and some gold inside; sealed the trench up, and recovered the first gold block... behind the second was a chest, and some electical lines, likely linked to the trech I sealed. Continuing on, I have found that my perchance to dig the floor has managed to trip another trap, another fall. This time, though, with monsters in the pit. Thankfully, the skeletal forms down below don't manage to see me, so I can safely build a path along the walls to get the treasues. Though, the slowing sand at the door confused me; was able to recover only one of the three units of it, the other fell to the monsters below.
Sneaky treasure-hiders! As I was leaving the monster-floored pit room, I saw a treasure chest near the doorway, below the height of the old floor. A little bit of work, and the lapis within is mine.

Next room, a bunch of pillars of sandstone, over a lake of lava! Apparently, it was intended for a jumping puzzle, perhaps? No matter, sandstone to the rescue, and bridges to cover the gaps, and to get the chests at the far end. So far, so good... if a pool of lava to cross is the best these builders had, I've got no problems before me.

Though, I have to wonder... what power, these pyramid builders had, to be able to use core-stone for their pyramid.

Found a sand-covered doorway; once I started to remove the sand, I heard a click. I took off, back into the lava room, when the explosions echoed. Frig, bomb doors... what's next, hallways of lava? Turrets with bombs? Anyway, I discovered a sandbomb in the room after, and chuckled as it fell into the hole at the doorway where the explosives must have been... They're only slightly less scary when they can't really get to you. I sealed him in for my own good, and then explored the room, finding a chest under a chunk of sstone.

Oddly, the next room I found was a few sand deep, so after clearing out the first two layers at the door, I felt it might be safer to me to place blocks on top of the sand, in case it fell out below me or something... which is good, because after I cleared out the sand over the chest at the back of the room, the sand did fall out below me... makes me glad I had built the path.

I'm so glad I actively poke at the floor; just had a room, floor first and then ceiling of part of it, colapse ahead of me, dumping some spiders with it... gods, I hate these bloody things.

I also should quit making jokes about traps... found a turret, that was wired with a bomb in the room. At least I was nowhere near the room when the bomb blew. And I was close about the hall of lava... a hall with a slit at the bottom, and spiders trying to come out of the woodwork.

Interumn 3 -

Ran out of room and torches, had to head back to base. On my return, I noticed that my fur didn't brighten as much as it should have, as I walked through the well-lit passages to my little home. My reflection in the small water trench I erected for bread-making confirmed that my normally bright blue fur has darkened. Is it the ink the people who built this used on the core-blocks, to cover them in symbols? Is it some sort of curse from me collecting the resources left behind in the pyramid? I just hope it is reversable.

Pyramid 4 -

Missed a couple side passages, so I went back and explored them... saw one of those famed "spawner boxes" I've heard about, that usually lie deep in secluded chambers within the earth on a number of worlds... Except it looks like a problem with the way the builders setup the room, because the floor all around it was unstable, and a small poke collapsed it, and rendered the mummies it spawned to be useless.

Other side room had a block of lapis, surrounded by slowing sand. I don't know what the trap plate under it was set to activate, but deft hands, and a talented pick, and it was no longer a problem. Interestingly, I found a hunk of nether-stone in one of the boxes.

Back on the trail deeper, I found a side passage; another lake of lava... though, a company of skeletal archers' bolts met me at the door, and nearly killed me... if not for the armor and food I had, this would have ended poorly. A little more exploration away from that room, led me to another turret-bomb. The builders must have liked this trap.

Found a room with a short hole in it; doesn't look to have a pressure plate trap at the bottom of it, but also is missing a way back up other than filling the hole with blocks. End of the hall had another pit trap tripped by treasure chests, or by explorers expecting it this time. Interestingly, there was a chest that had to be dismantled to recover its contents, another of the shiny lapis peices.

Ok, Time to check out this evil little drop, and hope... hope that it isn't full of all these moans, arachnids, and other evil sounds I've been hearing and not seeing.

So far, so good, with the hole. Found a compass, a portable planitary clock, and some other nice items. Time to explore behind the wall next to the drop...
...
*BOOOOOOOOOOM*
Death Count - 1
...
By Arceus, I don't like the jarring sensation of the emergency recovery device. Apparently, behind one wall was some explosives... and under the floor too. I just hope the lapis, diamonds, iron, and gold I had recovered survived my launch. I also have noticed, be it due to the recovery, the explosion, or my worries about a curse, that my fur is now soot-black, and my spikes are golden... maybe my gold didn't quite survive as I hoped.


...
A couple blocks of solid gold, a couple diamonds, the compass, clock... A block of lapis, plus a dozen more... a couple stone scepters... all gone. A handful of torches, plus whatever I had stored at base, is all I have... but I think this is the final run... you wouldn't fill a hall full of explosives just because it was a dead-end, right?


I found it! A room, who's walls are gold. This must be the treasure. The ceiling looks to be sand, though, so there might still be one final move left in this pyramid.


Within this chamber, is weapons, armor, and tools of diamond! The walls, solid gold, and a single pillar of solid diamond, seemingly holding the sand above from coating the floor.




HA! I was right again! By the golden band of Arceus, I was right! the ceiling was a trap... And I didn't know it, but there was a trap at the piller too. Need to see about getting back out... looks like there was an escape hatch on one side.

No comments:

Post a Comment